Stockland selected KAE, as their preferred consultant, to undertake a services overhaul for this shopping centre.
The centre comprises 20,000 sq.m of retail with Target, Safeway’s, Coles and Aldi forming the major tenants.
KAE undertook Mechanical, ESD, Electrical and Structural design services for this project. The summary scope of works is as follows:
- Services Audit of the existing centre
- Air Infiltration Study, leading to remedial façade works including installation of new entry doors.
Stockland The Pines CFD Analysis
- Air Conditioning upgrade including:
- Re-zoning of existing ductwork
- 80% replacement of existing AC plant
- Incorporation of energy saving controls & equipment
- Replacement of the existing BMCS system
- Design of structural platforms etc
The highlight of this project was the opportunity to holistically review the issues with the existing shopping centre (internal environment) and provide a comprehensive solution covering the building façade, zoning, controls, air conditioning etc, to provide the client with a long term solution. Stocklands are to be commended for undertaking a thorough review and upgrade of this centre.